Original Star Wars Trilogy to be released on DVD!

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

Original Star Wars Trilogy to be released on DVD!

Postby James » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:46 am

I'm not Jesus, but I've got the same initials.
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:49 am

Doesn't say anywhere whether they'll be the ones with the added scenes that were re-released at the cinemas or not....
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby Mark Everclear » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:14 pm

it'll be the special editions, most lilkely. george lucas has abandoned the original three films completely from what i've heard.

on the DVD/video transfer forum i post on, there's a 28 page thread about converting the original trilogy to DVD, since we're never likely to be able to buy it properly..
Mark Everclear
Dum Dum

Postby Mark Everclear » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:22 pm

Mark Everclear
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:16 pm

I love it that you made this an announcement, James :)
Gimme your Pile and gimme your tail.

I live in New York, and I was thinking about the lagoon in Central Park, down near Central Park South. I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go. I was wondering where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over. I wondered if some guy came in a truck and took them away to a zoo or something. Or if they just flew away.
Anna
Dum Dum

Postby James » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:21 pm

Well, you know I don't do it a lot and I thought this was a fitting occasion!
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby whatacrapname » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:24 pm

classic Lucasfilm (see: Indiana Jones scant extra ripoff)

how could they possibly release the "original" trilogy on only a 4 disc set...unless they have some mammoth plans for a hunormous 20 disc set when the saga is completely finished. the Alien Quadrilogy runs to 9discs, with two versions of each film and extras pouring from every orifice, and it's pretty impressive how much in terms of extras they dug up after so many years. Each LOTR runs at 4discs for god's sake.

I don't understand why Lucas would want to do this in such a half arsed way. even if he only counts the special editions as the "offical" versions of each film...why the fuck not spread them over atleast 2 dics each like with episodes 1 and 2. it's fucking STAR WARS....STAR...WARS!! there can be no film with more documentaries detailing it. There can be no film with so many sub-subjects to discuss. wow...disc 4 will have a brand new 2hour documentary. for fucks sake. he's hit a new low.

god i hate him now. he's destroying all of what so many hold so sacred. he's just a fat, greedy old man, so it seems.

i'll retract most of that later probably, but i've been spitting blood all day and i'm angry.

he's poisoning my dreams.

this is when i realise how glad i am that people are actually fighting for a Blade Runner SE to be released. because i know they'll do a proper job. a new and definitive cut of the film, and loads of just...new stuff. and the deleted scenes. not many people have seen Blade Runner's deleted scenes.

Star Wars has deleted scenes. not many people even realise that. they won't be on the dvd i'm sure, because Lucas probably...ate them. I've seen deleted scenes. I want them remastered on a dvd. twat. twat. fucking twat.
whatacrapname
Dum Dum

Postby Cav » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:43 pm

wooooo bout time :D
"sail away, with the sea as my engine, and the stars as my guide, sailing to the other side."
Cav
Dummy

Postby Matt » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:54 pm

I heard that Lucas has ordered the original prints of Star Wars to be buried with him when he dies. The cunt.

Anyway, revel in the fact you can download The infamous Star Wars Holiday Special. The one he never wanted anyone to see again.

17.6mb realvideo (ick)

http://www.shadowfuture.net/bh/misc/holidayspecial.rm
Matt
Dum Dum

Location: Somewhere on a plane between San Francisco and Boston.

Postby Mark Everclear » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:38 pm

whatacrapname wrote:classic Lucasfilm (see: Indiana Jones scant extra ripoff)

how could they possibly release the "original" trilogy on only a 4 disc set...unless they have some mammoth plans for a hunormous 20 disc set when the saga is completely finished. the Alien Quadrilogy runs to 9discs, with two versions of each film and extras pouring from every orifice,

actually the technology is there for them to put both the SEs and the originals on the same discs (seamless branching, alternate angles and audio). but, as i say, lucas has all but given up on the original trilogy totally.

at least we've got the bttf trilogy, and that's jam-packed with extras..
Mark Everclear
Dum Dum

Postby whatacrapname » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:19 am

aye, quadrilogy has two movies per disc, with the second disc for each film for extras. that's how to do it right. nobody minds paying more for that. thank god, as you say, for BTTF. i'd sell my grandmother up the river to buy that box set if i didn't already have it.
whatacrapname
Dum Dum

Postby James » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:22 pm

Matt wrote:I heard that Lucas has ordered the original prints of Star Wars to be buried with him when he dies. The cunt.

Anyway, revel in the fact you can download The infamous Star Wars Holiday Special. The one he never wanted anyone to see again.

17.6mb realvideo (ick)

http://www.shadowfuture.net/bh/misc/holidayspecial.rm

Matt - is there anywhere you can download that so it's bigger than a postage stamp to watch back?
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Return to News and Announcements