SQUID presents...RUMBLE STRIPS, THE HEADLINES, HORSEBOX

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

SQUID presents...RUMBLE STRIPS, THE HEADLINES, HORSEBOX

Postby Anna » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:30 am

Monthly - the second Sunday of every month! - from February onwards! It's my pleasure to be able to present to you all three of my favourite bands of the moment - that's Rumble Strips, The Headlines and Horsebox!

Email squid@squidsound.com with name, number of places and mobile no for reserved entry. Hopefully see you there!
Gimme your Pile and gimme your tail.

I live in New York, and I was thinking about the lagoon in Central Park, down near Central Park South. I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go. I was wondering where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over. I wondered if some guy came in a truck and took them away to a zoo or something. Or if they just flew away.
Anna
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:42 pm

yeh, jp, my new favourite dj! [under jameh, obv].

i'm gonna be there. i'll let nick know you're my mate doing it & then he will probably come too. nick is good, he is jewish. i wonder if he'd be perturbed me telling everyone that, he hasn't even said he's jewish to me ever....

love yhooooooo xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby **Holly** » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:24 pm

i'll be there xx
<3 SAM <3

**Holly**
Dum Dum

Postby helen » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:27 pm

Deliberates...Anna v David Ford...I'll let you knowski! xx.
helen
Dum Dum

Postby maz » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:08 pm

helen wrote:Deliberates...Anna v David Ford...I'll let you knowski! xx.

if si connelly is supporting david, do.not.miss. seriously!
maz
Dum Dum

Postby helen » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:15 pm

are you going to the leeds date, maz? i may be going there with matt, and ill be at the manchester date too :)
helen
Dum Dum

Postby maz » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:23 pm

no, helen. i saw him in norwich on monday. i'd go again if si connelly was supporting but he isn't, so i can't justify the expense just to see david again.
maz
Dum Dum

Postby helen » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:25 pm

was he wonderful though?
helen
Dum Dum

Postby maz » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:27 pm

who? si? yea, spell-binding. totally blew me away.

david was great but i just found it so hard to enjoy him to the max following si.
maz
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:49 pm

maz don't put her off! all three of these bands are awesome!

I live in New York, and I was thinking about the lagoon in Central Park, down near Central Park South. I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go. I was wondering where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over. I wondered if some guy came in a truck and took them away to a zoo or something. Or if they just flew away.
Anna
Dum Dum

Postby maz » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:48 pm

sorry anna, but si connelly is like comparable to jeff buckley...!

i like rumble strips and didn't even know, had no idea 'motorcycle' was by them, heh! might go see them saturday.
maz
Dum Dum

Postby sleepysheepy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:53 pm

I might be there......I was telling my friend Steph about it and she really wants to go.

xx
sleepysheepy
Dum Dum

Postby maz » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:07 pm

random rumble strips related anecdote:

i saw 'if only this bike was a motorcycle' written in the dirt on the side of either we are scientists/arctic monkeys/mystery jets/maximo park's tour bus this morning.
maz
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:26 pm

hooray for the rumble strips! i'm very excited about my february line up. but march is looking promising too - and april even better (april will be a don't miss affair i think). hooray!

Anna
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:23 am

whoooo've ya got annar?

you like the envelopes dontcha? do they have a big following here in the londony? xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:18 pm

i got secrets :) nothing confirmed yet.

yah i like envelopes - don't know about their london following - they're playing barfly in london on their tour if that helps at all! i guess i'd put them at about the young knives size. their new single was on 6 music yesterday afternoon and it was produced by james ford who did mystery jets album (amazing) and the arctic monkeys demos. their manager is called colin. this is all i know!

Anna
Dum Dum

Postby TEXAS » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:20 pm

si connelly was really nothing special, good voice but... no originality. The wonderful infinitely talented David Ford however...

CONCLUSION: Helen should go to Anna's thing
TEXAS
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:46 pm

TEXAS wrote: CONCLUSION: Helen should go to Anna's thing

so should kelly!

Anna
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:45 pm

Anna wrote:yah i like envelopes - don't know about their london following - they're playing barfly in london on their tour if that helps at all! i guess i'd put them at about the young knives size. their new single was on 6 music yesterday afternoon and it was produced by james ford who did mystery jets album (amazing) and the arctic monkeys demos. their manager is called colin. this is all i know!

coolo, yeh they are touring, & will be in america in march ergo they suck; ttt want's a london based swedish band to play with the embassy in march... can't think of anyone! lol. the embassy got beaten up by the sounds apparently!
know any swedeys annar? we found a band called the michelles who has 1 swede. dunno if they count. xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby TEXAS » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:21 pm

Anna wrote:so should kelly!

kelly has no money because she had to spend £17 on ONE PAIR OF SOCKS! and an additional £40 on walking boots!
TEXAS
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:09 am

TEXAS wrote:
Anna wrote:so should kelly!

kelly has no money because she had to spend £17 on ONE PAIR OF SOCKS! and an additional £40 on walking boots!

kelly is a mentalist :p

i'll think about swedish bands for you ruth x

Anna
Dum Dum

Return to News and Announcements