Squid presents...

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

Postby In_Love_With_An_Alien » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:25 pm

i think rail fares are so expensive is because people who work on the railways like the engineers and shit get paid a bloody fortune!

some can earn like £50 an hour! fucking mental!
In_Love_With_An_Alien
Dum Dum

Postby sleepysheepy » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:40 pm

behooved girl wrote:the only problem is that the train fare is going to be £35. :?
bloody rail privitisation.

What, even if you book it now? Usually, if you book more than a week in advance you can get cheap tickets....I'm getting a single to bangor for £15.20 if I book it today or tomorrow and I'm going up a week on saturday.

I dunno. I think trains seem better value for money the further you travel. Billericay to Bangor for as little as that seems a bit of a bargain really. it costs £45 if you don't book in advance though.
sleepysheepy
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:47 pm

okej i will email you annar

Phoenix Ferret wrote:what do your friends look like ruth?
PF

www.myspace.com/miss_lillian
www.myspace.com/darlingretro xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:25 pm

sleepysheepy wrote:What, even if you book it now? Usually, if you book more than a week in advance you can get cheap tickets....I'm getting a single to bangor for £15.20 if I book it today or tomorrow and I'm going up a week on saturday.

ooooh... ok i have no idea what happened, but last time i looked at the national rail site, it wouldn't offer me any super saver advance fares, so the cheapest was £35. i've just looked again though, and they're got them for £22! so yay! i think i can manage that, cos i just sold 2 of my textbooks. :D
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby Phoenix Ferret » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:17 am

liddleruth wrote:
Phoenix Ferret wrote:what do your friends look like ruth?
PF

www.myspace.com/miss_lillian
www.myspace.com/darlingretro xx

nope, i don't recognise either of them! one of them has my friend gen added though
PF
too cool to dance records
.01 - narwhal - s/t 7" SOLD OUT!
.02 - jupiter lander - s/t 7"OUT NOW!
.03 - pete the pirate squid - lp OUT NOW!
.04 - what price, wonderland? - thirty with a wink lp OUT NOW!
.05 - damezumari - 7" OUT NOW!
.06 - what price, wonderland? - is it shakey? OUT NOW!
.07 what price, wonderland? / twisted - split 7" OUT NOW!
Phoenix Ferret
Lord Of Emo

Postby maz » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:14 pm

my only lecture of the week is 10-12 on a bloody monday morning! rah! i don't really wanna miss the second lecture of the year, and there's no way i can be bothered to get back for 10am. urrrggggh.
maz
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:09 am

i don't think i'm going to be able to go now either. :( i'll have to see if they'll give me a refund on our train tickets :?
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:19 am

behooved girl wrote:i don't think i'm going to be able to go now either. :( i'll have to see if they'll give me a refund on our train tickets :?

how comes?! if it's needing somewhere to stay i can probably take 1 of you?

if you get a refund they'll probably refund you but charge £10 for it xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:26 am

yeh, nowhere to stay :( ooh can we camp in your garden? or anyone's? or maybe i can stay at ali's and mark can stay at yours? cos ali said she could put me up. though you're a lot closer to the train station than ali is, and i'll be jealous. haha.

i'll need to work something out, cos i think i'll only get half the money back on both the train tickets if i cancel them, which is crap. don't even get me started on trains.
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:11 pm

behooved girl wrote:or maybe i can stay at ali's and mark can stay at yours? cos ali said she could put me up.

that sounds like a cool plan.

have hardly seen anyone in the past few days to ask if they've got a spare bit of floor, cher, but i'll do my best.
Gimme your Pile and gimme your tail.

I live in New York, and I was thinking about the lagoon in Central Park, down near Central Park South. I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go. I was wondering where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over. I wondered if some guy came in a truck and took them away to a zoo or something. Or if they just flew away.
Anna
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:06 am

behooved girl wrote:yeh, nowhere to stay :( ooh can we camp in your garden? or anyone's? or maybe i can stay at ali's and mark can stay at yours? cos ali said she could put me up. though you're a lot closer to the train station than ali is, and i'll be jealous. haha.

i'll need to work something out, cos i think i'll only get half the money back on both the train tickets if i cancel them, which is crap. don't even get me started on trains.

i'll have a word with sleepy sheepy & see if we can work it out some how. it will either mean 2 on my floor & 1 in my bed, or 2 in my bed & 1 on the floor. i reckon 2 will easily fit on the floor with a bit of furnature juggling. & if mark would like to put his manly muscles to use & put the curtain rail up in my room, that'd be great too.... ;) xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby sleepysheepy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:06 pm

Anything is cool with me. I tried to book my ticket from the train station today but they said no cheap ticekts are available yet. sillies.
It's gonna be much fun though, can't wait :D

xx
sleepysheepy
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:59 pm

THE FRAKE have just been added to the bill.

I live in New York, and I was thinking about the lagoon in Central Park, down near Central Park South. I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go. I was wondering where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over. I wondered if some guy came in a truck and took them away to a zoo or something. Or if they just flew away.
Anna
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:44 pm

mark's not going now. i still don't know if i am or not. urg. agh. ack. sunday nights are annoying.
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby cartilage » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:10 pm

Anna wrote:THE FRAKE have just been added to the bill.

i seen them in exeter cavern!

cheryl, go onnnn.

yep that should do it.
stuff <<(click)
cartilage
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:29 pm

cartilage wrote:cheryl, go onnnn.

it's not a matter of wanting to... i really want to go! i'm just not too keen on sleeping on the street, especially now that it's getting pretty chilly at night :p
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:32 am

yeh cheryl, stay at mine

sorry i didnt reply to text, i am not the keeper of credit :/ heh but yeh yeh. we can sort it, wick.

how come mark aint comin? i'll never get my curtain pole up now.

how do you know the frake anna?

nb: cherly& sarah, you're okej with cats, not allergic innit? cos we have one, she likes to lick vallerian tablets. xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:49 am

yayy!! thank you ruth!! you saved my life :D i figured you were probably out of credit. doh. i could try to help with the curtain pole? though i have the strength of about 3 hamsters.

aww and i lurve cats 8)

do you know about how far you live from liverpool street station btw?
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:04 am

about 15 mins by train, trains run about 10 mins apart though, maybe 15-20 on sundays, i aint sure.
& from liverpool street you'll want one going to shenfield or gidea park, stopping at manor park

& it's about 20-30 mins from stratford by bus but you prolly wont need to know that so it's cool

when does your train get in cher? & do you know what train you're getting yet sarah? xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:00 am

ruth - the singer in the frake is a good friend of mine, they're supporting the subways next week and want a warm up show xx

Anna
Dum Dum

Postby Broken Star » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:12 am

From the Threadbear mail out

Hi.

There are many different kinds of questions, I think we would all agree. For
example the question "Why is there something rather than nothing" is big one, a
real brain-masher. But for all its ominous depth, it's never going have the same
urgency as "Is it lunch time yet, and are there any jaffa cakes lying
around?"

With this in mind, we the members of Threadbear have devised a series of
questions for you, the Threadbear-savvy public. Here they are, please give them
the time and space they deserve:

1. How are you? I mean, really?

2. Would you like to come to a gig sometime? In London? On Sunday the 2nd of
October? At the Buffalo Bar in Islington? It'll cost you (£5), but it will be
fun, and it's the first time we've played in London so we need all the smiling
faces we can get. Or all the scowling/perplexed/anguished/blissed-out faces we
can get. Just any faces really. Wear a mask if you like.

3. Anyway, Where we were we?

4. Ah yes - Do you want to hear some new songs? If "yes", please refer to
question 2. We've got a few new ones which, if you haven't seen us in the past
month or so, you may not have heard. By all accounts they are amongst our best
material. So that's an incentive, isn't it?

Enough, enough! Such unabashed self-promotion, such narcissism! Here are some
other things we recommend you check out:

- Sufjan Stevens: Seven Swans. Clever, thought provoking and just really good.

- Quartershade. They are getting alarmingly good. Go see their website and check
for gigs: http://www.quartershade.com

- Swimming. Apparently it's like normal exercise only better for your joints.

- Swimming with dolphins. Same as above, except more expensive.

Right, honestly and truly, that is it.

Thankyou for your time. Come see us play!

[/quote]
...I know I Believe in Nothing but it is MY Nothing...

http://www.marcburrows.co.uk
My original Dum Dums interview, March 2000
Broken Star
Dum Dum

Postby **Holly** » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:17 am

it's so annoying that it's the night before i start back at uni. i have so much stuff to sort :( xx
<3 SAM <3

**Holly**
Dum Dum

Postby Phoenix Ferret » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:39 pm

hmm. i'm only at work til 3 on sunday, so i could maybe come to this. i'll see how tired i am...
PF
Phoenix Ferret
Lord Of Emo

Postby sleepysheepy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:49 pm

Yay I get to meet Cheryl! :D
I'm not allergic to cats at all ruth, should be fine. Although they do tend to run away from me for some reason. Heh.

liddleruth wrote:when does your train get in cher? & do you know what train you're getting yet sarah? xx

Nope I don't know. Argh. I'll hopefully get to london about 4/5......that ok?

xx
sleepysheepy
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:28 pm

liddleruth wrote:about 15 mins by train, trains run about 10 mins apart though, maybe 15-20 on sundays, i aint sure.
& from liverpool street you'll want one going to shenfield or gidea park, stopping at manor park

& it's about 20-30 mins from stratford by bus but you prolly wont need to know that so it's cool

when does your train get in cher? & do you know what train you're getting yet sarah? xx

so i'd have to get the train to the tube from your house, yeh? what's the name of the station by where you live? and how far of a walk is it from your house? i'm so completely clueless about londoj. grrr stupid tube journey planner website isn't working, i'll have to sort all that out later!

my train gets into liverpool street at about 4pm. i think if i got a day travelcard, i could maybe stop by yours when i get there and drop my stuff off?

i think i'm going to see if i can change the time of my return journey from 10:30 to 12:30. that way i won't have to get up super early in the morning. hopefully that'll be ok? the seminar groups for this monday haven't been assigned yet... so i think i'm going to just hobble in at the later time, even if i've been put into the eariler group, and explain that i had something really important to be at this one week =x

i need to ring the trainline and cancel mark's ticket and change my return journey to the later time, but their stupid sytem is down. everything seems to be not working today, stupid technology :p

BUT YAYYY I'M GOING!!!! :D :D and i'm going to meet TWO old school boarders that i've never met before (sarah and wes). yay!
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:01 pm

ok the london journey planner is working again... i put in liverpool street to manor park (cos i think that's where you live?) and it just says 12 minute by train with no changes. is that all there is to it? if so then wahay! easy as pie. :D xx
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby helen » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:17 am

come, toby...or i'll poke your eyeballs...
helen
Dum Dum

Postby maz » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:39 pm

i dreamt about this last night... lots. wish i could be there :( have a great time y'all :)
maz
Dum Dum

Postby Phoenix Ferret » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:26 pm

i've worked 27 of the 48 hours and am shattered so i'm afraid i shan't be coming tonight :( have fun though kids!
PF
Phoenix Ferret
Lord Of Emo

Postby Anna » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:14 am

all i have to say is fucking YEAH. 104 people through the door, over half a grand of banknotes in my bedroom, fucking brilliant bands (thank you threadbear!) and the best audience ever.

all fantastic, added to that goodbooks confirmed our single deal this afternoon with transgressive records. jesus. it actually happened, and went well, thank you SO much to everyone who came/helped out/played/DJed, appreciate it LOADS.

Anna
Dum Dum

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements