Message Board Width

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:38 pm

Sal wrote:I'm using osx and it looks fine. No complaints here. so.

maybe you've got your fonts set larger. i'd do that, but it'd make everything else screwy. it affects cher too.
=+=+ dos locos +=+=
Matt
Dum Dum

Location: Somewhere on a plane between San Francisco and Boston.

Postby Sal » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:47 pm

Not that I know of. I made them bigger, but I didn't like it as much. If I make it smaller it's still readable too. So, average I'd say.

You keep saying it affects Cher. Let her speak for herself? On here she hasn't been having a go at James like you have. I'm sure she can contact him if she has a problem.
Sal
Dum Dum

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:06 pm

Sal wrote:Not that I know of. I made them bigger, but I didn't like it as much. If I make it smaller it's still readable too. So, average I'd say.

You keep saying it affects Cher. Let her speak for herself? On here she hasn't been having a go at James like you have. I'm sure she can contact him if she has a problem.

I'm not having a go at anyone. It seems like if I have a counter opinion, that's hardly having a go. I'm going now.
=+=+ dos locos +=+=
Matt
Dum Dum

Postby NoAudience » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:18 pm

DAH MSG BORED IZ KEWL! I FINK DA TEXT SHUD BE IN GRAFITI! ME MATE GAV CAN DO IT FOR YA\Z
http://www.noaudience.co.uk

gogogo!

dumdums are the best!
MY NEW SIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NoAudience
Dummy

Postby behooved girl » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:35 pm

yeah, the text is a bit small on here. i have no idea what it looks like in windows, but i think there's more factors involved besides just the operating system... like monitor resolution.. etc.

the main factor for me is the fact that i'm using a tiny 12.1" hi-res lcd monitor, so everything is pretty small to begin with. the text on this board isn't *unreadable*, but i have to strain to read it, which isn't fun. i can click the "make text bigger" button in safari, but then the text becomes too big and makes everything look strange.

i'm hoping matt/someone can come up with a way to apply custom style sheets to individual sites in safari (cos right now you can only use global ones). or better yet.. the suggestion of james making a separate style with different font sizes? that would be a lot of help!
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:46 pm

behooved girl wrote:yeah, the text is a bit small on here. i have no idea what it looks like in windows, but i think there's more factors involved besides just the operating system... like monitor resolution.. etc.

the main factor for me is the fact that i'm using a tiny 12.1" hi-res lcd monitor, so everything is pretty small to begin with. the text on this board isn't *unreadable*, but i have to strain to read it, which isn't fun. i can click the "make text bigger" button in safari, but then the text becomes too big and makes everything look strange.

i'm hoping matt/someone can come up with a way to apply custom style sheets to individual sites in safari (cos right now you can only use global ones). or better yet.. the suggestion of james making a separate style with different font sizes? that would be a lot of help!

see, now i get accused of having a go at james for saying that. everyone seems to be under the impression i hate james.

if i wanted to have a go at james about something, don't you think i'd pick a topic with a little more depth than font sizes? c'mon kids, give me some credit.
=+=+ dos locos +=+=
Matt
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:56 pm

Considering James is an all round nice guy, I don't think there's much to pick on him apart from font sizes.

It seems like you're trying to prove your salt as a better webmaster than James again, Matt, and it's not attractive. I understand that you might be having problems with the font sizes, but you're also setting out your case fairly aggressively...I wouldn't make a new stylesheet for you if you put it to me the way you have to James.

My two cents.

Oh, and I'm on OS X, as I'm sure Matt knows...fine for me. I like the 90%. Font is smaller than before, but I can still read it fine.
Gimme your Pile and gimme your tail.

I live in New York, and I was thinking about the lagoon in Central Park, down near Central Park South. I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go. I was wondering where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over. I wondered if some guy came in a truck and took them away to a zoo or something. Or if they just flew away.
Anna
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:00 pm

edit: nevermind, i misunderstood.

i'm staying out of all this now.. i gave my opinions on the font size, and i'll leave it at that!
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby NoAudience » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:40 pm

Its not really my concern because im the gaylord posting nonce for fun but Matt is my friend and hes not the kind of person who would act out of spite. He just knows his stuff about websites etcetera, being a rather gut webmaster-power-lord since the 1900's or whenever-the-fuck the internet was made (I actually know this but im just being cool). Hes a member of W3C (http://www.w3.org) ! Its pretty much his duty to talk about font sizes etcetera if he didnt I would probably think hes ill / dead. He cares a ton about websites (not the admins) wether they function for everyone and if they are fully accessible thats why he goes on and on and on :)

Lots of group hugs and kisses

http://www.noaudience.co.uk
NoAudience
Dummy

Postby whatacrapname » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:25 am

Sal wrote:You keep saying it affects Cher. Let her speak for herself? On here she hasn't been having a go at James like you have. I'm sure she can contact him if she has a problem.

in the interest of fairness, why not let james speak for himself? i'm sure he can reply for himself if he has a problem with what matt has posted.
whatacrapname
Dum Dum

Postby Sal » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:31 pm

Anna and I were replying because it was annoying US. I can't speak for her, but I wasn't trying to reply as if I was James.
Sal
Dum Dum

Postby whatacrapname » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:33 pm

maybe i just don't understand then

everything matt stated was an actual fact. i just don't think it's fair this is interpreted as he's having a go, when all he's essentially asking for is a seperate style sheet with bigger fonts, because he can't actually read the board properly. he's said no bad thing. but maybe i'm from the old-school of innocent until proven guilty. people know matt, and if he wanted to have a go at someone, he'd do it a little better than the way that's being suggested.
whatacrapname
Dum Dum

Postby Phoenix Ferret » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:17 am

NoAudience wrote:Its not really my concern because im the gaylord posting nonce for fun but Matt is my friend and hes not the kind of person who would act out of spite.

wow. a coherent non-annoying-as-hell post by you. try and keep it up.
and as for the not acting out of spite, ask matt about the lock up rock domain name that he's basically stolen.
PF
Phoenix Ferret
Lord Of Emo

Postby Matt » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:52 am

Phoenix Ferret wrote:wow. a coherent non-annoying-as-hell post by you. try and keep it up.
and as for the not acting out of spite, ask matt about the lock up rock domain name that he's basically stolen.

i've not stolen anything toby, the lock-up-rock.co.uk domain was registered by me, for that shop. and we're currently having server issues, which you can check with anna, or mark, which is why mark's website currently appears there. when things are sorted out, hopefully in the next few days it'll all be okay again.

the problems actually started when THEY screwed up their own website by deleting their public folder, taking their site offline. i don't see any spite in that. i've had no email from them at all for several weeks, and until the recent server problems i thought everything was fine with them.

my attempt to email the guy who emailed me failed, as hotmail tends to do, and i've got all the email history with him to back that up, so how about asking me, before accusing me of theft eh?
=+=+ dos locos +=+=
Matt
Dum Dum

Postby Matt » Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:11 pm

Matt wrote:
i've not stolen anything toby, the lock-up-rock.co.uk domain was registered by me, for that shop. and we're currently having server issues, which you can check with anna, or mark, which is why mark's website currently appears there. when things are sorted out, hopefully in the next few days it'll all be okay again.

the problems actually started when THEY screwed up their own website by deleting their public folder, taking their site offline. i don't see any spite in that. i've had no email from them at all for several weeks, and until the recent server problems i thought everything was fine with them.

my attempt to email the guy who emailed me failed, as hotmail tends to do, and i've got all the email history with him to back that up, so how about asking me, before accusing me of theft eh?

just to follow up myself, i've just emailed Kester explaining why i've not stolen anything.
=+=+ dos locos +=+=
Matt
Dum Dum

Previous

Return to News and Announcements