NEW DEMOS ON WEBSITE!

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

Postby Broken Star » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:50 pm

Oh, and You Knock Me Off My Feet was the most fun i've had on a stage ever. Or at least came close. Tried to do Falsetto bit from the live version, but by this point of the set my voice was shredded!
...I know I Believe in Nothing but it is MY Nothing...

http://www.marcburrows.co.uk
My original Dum Dums interview, March 2000
Broken Star
Dum Dum

Postby sparky22 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:55 pm

Broken Star wrote:I'm just hoping you never get to see it. Really.

Hey we weren't that bad!! I'd love them to see us personally.
sparky22
Dum Dum

Postby Broken Star » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:58 pm

sparky22 wrote:
Broken Star wrote:I'm just hoping you never get to see it. Really.

Hey we weren't that bad!! I'd love them to see us personally.

Nah, I'm only joking! I'm not ashamed.
McFly Vs The World...bring it on!

Broken Star
Dum Dum

Postby Josh » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:07 pm

Hey you should have seen US when we started playing together - we werent totally rocking at the beginning, yo.
oh yeah there comes a point where your voice starts shredding - i forgot that sweet anguish - the secret is vocal warmups - if you want to provide the authentic dumdums experience you need to hum for 20 minutes beforehand - were you guys all doing the harmonies? - oh yeah you have to drink lots of hot water and honey too. It sucks when you have to do gigs and youve got a cold....man.. you know that in 2000 we did almost 200 gigs including all the school stuff and the festivals, our headlining and supports? And did you further know this went from playing at a primary school in essex i think to eight year olds (no lie) and in glasgow to little girls in leotards and plimsolls, to playing the leeds cockpit on rock club night, playing before flaming lips at glastonbury, in front of 250,000 people in hyde park for party in the park in between queen and bon jovi, and playing club ifor bach supported by two screamo bands to guys in h2o hoodies. I mean what in Gods name were we doing? Its the most fantastic thing in the universe to have played all those different types of shows. Psychos.
Ok robot boy is very very fun to play -we played that in our first ever gig - the only other song that survived from that set was probably cant get you out of my thoughts - oh and you knock me off my feet - did you get people to join in on the whoa ohs?? Picture this - wembley stadium, supporting BonJovi, 67,000 people, all their hands in the air singing along - what a rock moment.
There you go a little rare dumdums nostalgia for yous. I bet people didnt know some of that stuff. . Josh
Josh
Dum Dum

Postby sparky22 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:10 pm

Josh wrote:were you guys all doing the harmonies?

Yeah, I did some harmonies. Thats actually the exact role I want when I find myself a band in this area, guitar and backing vox.
Last edited by sparky22 on Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sparky22
Dum Dum

Postby sparky22 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:11 pm

Bollocks I pressed quote instead of edit!
Last edited by sparky22 on Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sparky22
Dum Dum

Postby Josh » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:11 pm

oh, and the funniest thing about the two or three obviously mismanaged bookings at primary schools - was probably the on the spot amendments to lonely hearts company - "well i dont like to smoke cause it takes your cash ,
smoking's bad ,say no to drugs,
and at times like these, i feel like not smo-king"
"sometimes im sad and i dont know why....
at times like these im lonely and i want to sigh"
ahaha
Josh
Dum Dum

Postby Broken Star » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:11 pm

I knew the stuff about the gigs...I worked it out for an article I wrote on you in 2000 that never got published!

did you get people to join in on the whoa ohs??

Yup :D just seems the thing to do, doesn't it? We also broke it down to bass and drums and did band introductions/ audience sing alongs. I LOVE this frontman thing.

Okay, wasn't quite Wembley Stadium, but at least our crowd didn't have to sit through Toploader straight afterwards ;)

I would also like Sal and Chloe to note the thing about the honey and lemon...they were laughing at me for avoiding dairy products all day!

Oh and next time, i think we SHOULD attempt the three part harmonie stuff...I wanna do 'Built This City'! Then we can all hold one hand on our ears to get it right like Nigel from Spinal Tap or the guitarist in Sonara ;)

Broken Star
Dum Dum

Postby Josh » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:14 pm

no no no you did the right thing to avoid dairy products definately - i went a year without mcdonalds chocolate milkshakes - that was tough being on the road since that was a part of my staple diet. .. ah the joke is on you chloe and sal
Josh
Dum Dum

Postby Broken Star » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:19 pm

The frustrating thing really is it turned out, when we got together, we made a really good band between us. We did about three hours rehearsing max, most of us had never met, yet we still pulled a pretty good set out the bag. But none of us really live close enough to do anything with it apart from meet up for a few random Dum Dums tribute shows.

Am itching to do it again anyway.

Broken Star
Dum Dum

Postby Josh » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:25 pm

just to say im off to work on my new album so see you round.
got a real heavy one in my head. could be good. actually a couple of them.
i have a lot of mello ones already. anyway see you later, josh
Josh
Dum Dum

Postby Space Cowgirl » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:28 pm

see ya Josh, can't wait to hear them. keep rockin' xXx
Space Cowgirl
Dum Dum

Postby Rach » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:28 pm

yeah, be good and stuff. x x
Rach
Dum Dum

Postby Josh » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:29 pm

yeah i hope you guys do it again and you get a good moshpit going - you wanna try london or cardiff or birmingham - i can see it now - regional meet ups - one in scotland - i guess more people more fans would need to come out of the woodwork for that sort of thing to happen - maybe the real band should get together just to advertise the mcfly gigs ahaha that would be wild. but anyway . . see you all josh
Josh
Dum Dum

Postby whatacrapname » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:47 pm

Broken Star wrote:I would also like Sal and Chloe to note the thing about the honey and lemon...they were laughing at me for avoiding dairy products all day!

a little correction. you *said* you were avoiding dairy products. in reality, you were eating yoghurt and pizza, draped in hot, oozing cheese :p

Josh wrote:yeah i hope you guys do it again and you get a good moshpit going - you wanna try london or cardiff or birmingham - i can see it now - regional meet ups - one in scotland - i guess more people more fans would need to come out of the woodwork for that sort of thing to happen - maybe the real band should get together just to advertise the mcfly gigs ahaha that would be wild. but anyway . . see you all josh

birmingham is a possible for the next one i think. it'll more than likely be around the midlands. it's only fair, also, closer to all of the band, except me...but i love the bleeding place to pieces. a tribute band being advertised by the band they emulate...i wonder if that's ever been done?
whatacrapname
Dum Dum

Postby Sal » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:50 pm

Hey hey heyyyy Marccc... don't go accusing! I think you will find that it was you who were actually eating pizza (dairyyy) and the er, other thing. Whatever it was. Then you just said sod the things you're meant to do. So. I said nothing!! However, you do win in the end, because you still managed to sound amazing.

And hey.. if he hasn't already, Stu wanted to talk to you about McFly being needed somewhere. I may drop out of uni and become a pro roadie.
Sal
Dum Dum

Postby Mark Everclear » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:57 pm

i thought i was the roadie / drum sign maker?
Mark Everclear
Dum Dum

Postby chloe55 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:26 pm

oii marc :p was just about to say what rob and sal did! eating pizza and yoghurt for lunch!? ;)
chloe55
Dum Dum

Postby Betty » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:36 pm

ok, about the demos...

when i download them, my mac will only let me save them as quicktime movie files (??) and then when i try and open them i can't because my comp says the movie file is missing or something!?

hurumph :x

can anyone help??

cheeeerrrssss.
Betty
Dummy

Postby chloe55 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:49 pm

hold down the mouse on the link until you get the menu then goto 'download link to disk'? or did you already do that?
chloe55
Dum Dum

Postby Broken Star » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:20 pm

hmph. Just to clear this up...I actually avoided dairy ALL saturday, apart from one slice of Pizza after the gig, so ner :p:D

Broken Star
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:01 pm

Broken Star wrote: apart from one slice of Pizza after the gig, so ner :p:D

and that was technically sunday, i think?

i've avoided dairy for 15 years now!
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Previous

Return to News and Announcements