NEW DEMOS ON WEBSITE!

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

NEW DEMOS ON WEBSITE!

Postby James » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:24 pm

After a brief break there are 3 new tracks up on the audo page for your downloading pleasure!

Please do give us your thoughts in thsi here topic!
I'm not Jesus, but I've got the same initials.
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby Broken Star » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:30 pm

Travelling at Speed is probably one of the best Dum Dums songs, it's just fucking AMAZING! Woud have been nice to have full beefed up studio version, but alas I doubt that'll ever happen unless someone covers it. I wish we'd have thought to do it at the meet-up.
...I know I Believe in Nothing but it is MY Nothing...

http://www.marcburrows.co.uk
My original Dum Dums interview, March 2000
Broken Star
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:57 pm

when i have a second (or couple of hours) to download stuff i'll go. YAY for travelling at speed. i agree marc, that song is one ace piece of song.

ahhhhhhhhh, for the dum dum dum dums.

thank you james! (brief break... :roll: ...lol)
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:40 pm

sometimes, listening to josh shout/scream how he does, just makes me BEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM.

i have the american everything already, & kid set fire.

kid set fire is cool. i love that riff. & the drums. it's like. raaah.

josh wrote:But its not like any kid is going to burn his house down now are they?

*that* made me laugh.

hooray for the DUM DUMS.
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby Space Cowgirl » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:06 pm

wowee! i'd never heard Travelling at Speed properly before but it's amazing
Space Cowgirl
Dum Dum

Postby Vezzi » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:28 pm

Travelling At Speed is so good, I love it.
Vezzi
Dum Dum

Postby Roo » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:26 pm

[Content removed]
Last edited by Roo on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roo
Dum Dum

Postby sparky22 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:57 pm

Broken Star wrote:I wish we'd have thought to do it at the meet-up.

Next time my friend, next time. Think you can manage it?
sparky22
Dum Dum

Postby Abi » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:43 pm

Roo wrote:Listening to these songs is one of my favourite things to look forward to.

I was thinking last night, it'll be so sad when there are no new songs to put up....blah.

xxx
.I've Got The Chicken For A Satisfied Life.
Abi
Dum Dum

Postby kT » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:32 am

travelling at speed is making me want to turn it up loud an jump around but that wuold be silly cos everyone but me's in bed and id get stones thrown at me :?
kT
Dum Dum

Postby Broken Star » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:15 am

sparky22 wrote:

Next time my friend, next time. Think you can manage it?

won't know till I try! I think so. Shouting has never been an issue before!

Broken Star
Dum Dum

Postby xkerriex » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:01 pm

rob said the same thing sunday night
xkerriex
Dum Dum

Postby patti » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:53 pm

I think I had it before but am downloading it just in case.....one of the earlier demos won't save to cd though.....one from the absolute zero downloads....any idea which one it was?
patti
Dum Dum

Postby theknightswhosayni » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:20 pm

woohoo, im off to download them!
cheers james!
formerly known as 'josh's_lil_angel' (on previous board)
theknightswhosayni
Dum Dum

Postby Josh » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:29 pm

well done Jaaaammmeeessss
Josh
Dum Dum

Postby theknightswhosayni » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:31 pm

haha ur back, or arent you. How was ur american tour? or am i rambling about rubbish again?
theknightswhosayni
Dum Dum

Postby sleepysheepy » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:33 pm

Josh wrote:well done Jaaaammmeeessss

:D hehe so random
sleepysheepy
Dum Dum

Postby Josh » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:05 pm

my american tour was fun - im off again in two weeks in which time im getting together a second batch of new songs to play to my prospective producer. Hopefully I can start work on my new band's new album at the end of the year?? who knows - all i know is that when the baby comes along everything is going to change, so . . .we'll see... and the baby is due in less than two months now. cool. heavy . cool.
yeah but im off again on the road for a bit paying my dues again. And thats it, full speed ahead with my new band, getting a deal, recording an album, breaking america right open and all that...
anyone who reads this - tell people about the new dumdums demos up man it would help my new stuff out!!! My new band stuff starts where setting sail and woke up but the world was sleeping finish and then goes forward in time two years. I have been told it is very dark, and that I could have a dark, brilliant album -(coool) but i am going through a process of putting different shades in there now to offer a little beauty and hope perhaps. So watch this space. I love putting messages where people wont necessarily read them. ..
Josh
Dum Dum

Postby Josh » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:08 pm

actually maybe i should send James this stuff for the news page . . . well im not 100 percent sure about it all so maybe i shouldnt . .but its what i hope will happen
Josh
Dum Dum

Postby Broken Star » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:12 pm

:D This is good news. Josh I spent the entire last few weeks trying to learn all your words and sing like you. I have new found respect. And a sore throat. Still, McFly rock.

Broken Star
Dum Dum

Postby theknightswhosayni » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:13 pm

i know ive said this before, and i always will say it, but good luck always!

Very much looking forward to this music, its got a lot to live up to in my mind!
theknightswhosayni
Dum Dum

Postby Josh » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:22 pm

yeah marc believe it man hard rockin
i must say i am extremely chuffed about the whole meetup thing although its not like its anything to do with me but then it is but you know, its just absolutely cool, and i hope its something that can continue - i wish i could have been there at the back of the crowd hiding out watching mcfly. That would have ruled immensely.
im looking at the photos as we speak, much respect man. thats so wicked you guys rule, and everyone who came. yeah you should try travelling at speed if you think the others are hard - or flippin plastic flowers!! josh
Josh
Dum Dum

Postby girl_who_sold_the_world » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:24 pm

hey josh

i've not been online for agess and have only just gotten round to joining the new site again, but yeah...all the downloads are blowing my mind, really excellent and took me right back

all the best with everything, it's all so exciting for youuuu

victoria
girl_who_sold_the_world
Dummy

Postby chloe55 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:26 pm

Josh wrote: or flippin plastic flowers!!

he did it! sounded pretty good too :p heh x
chloe55
Dum Dum

Postby sparky22 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:28 pm

Josh wrote:yeah you should try travelling at speed if you think the others are hard - or flippin plastic flowers!! josh

We did have a go at Plastic Flowers, I had to step in with a couple of lines cos Marc forgot them! 8) Planning to do Travelling At Speed next time.
sparky22
Dum Dum

Postby Broken Star » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:35 pm

Josh wrote:yeah marc believe it man hard rockin
i must say i am extremely chuffed about the whole meetup thing although its not like its anything to do with me but then it is but you know, its just absolutely cool, and i hope its something that can continue - i wish i could have been there at the back of the crowd hiding out watching mcfly. That would have ruled immensely.
im looking at the photos as we speak, much respect man. thats so wicked you guys rule, and everyone who came. yeah you should try travelling at speed if you think the others are hard - or flippin plastic flowers!! josh

Plastic Flowers...I could NEVER get the words right, but am now word perfect (after the fact). Very irritating. Travelling at Speed will be at the next one, if it kills my throat doing it. I did Territorial pissings in the soundcheck, so its do-able. I have Sparky as back up anyway (props to the sparkmeister)

Broken Star
Dum Dum

Postby Space Cowgirl » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:06 pm

i've heard nothing but fantabby reviews of McFly so i am so going to the next one, and if i don't for any reason someone please feel free to slap me and drag me there.
i've been posting around different message boards i'm on about the new demos and everyone who's downloaded them loved them :) which is nice
glad to see things are going well for you Joshman, good luck for everything!
much love xXx
Space Cowgirl
Dum Dum

Postby Josh » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:44 pm

did you do the really high bit at the end of plastic flowers - plaastic flowers fade a- waaay ? In the original key? If so, wow, very cool - I guess I never wanted to do it cause I didnt think I could pull it off night after night singing so high. but hey, well done.
You should see about getting some gigs elsewhere - I BET audiogene or vender or sonara wouldnt mind having McFly as a support (stirrer stirring things up) actually dont say I said that I dont want to get in trouble. . but impressed still..
Josh
Dum Dum

Postby Josh » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:49 pm

And thanks vicky for the posting of demos totally thanks anyone whos helping the stuff get out - i heard its on kazaa and people are finding out about the band through the new stuff which is wild and rocks. And thats all for now. Josh.
Josh
Dum Dum

Postby Broken Star » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:49 pm

Josh wrote:did you do the really high bit at the end of plastic flowers - plaastic flowers fade a- waaay ? In the original key? If so, wow, very cool - I guess I never wanted to do it cause I didnt think I could pull it off night after night singing so high. but hey, well done.
You should see about getting some gigs elsewhere - I BET audiogene or vender or sonara wouldnt mind having McFly as a support (stirrer stirring things up) actually dont say I said that I dont want to get in trouble. . but impressed still..

Interesting thought... *mwahahaha*

Yes I did it...just. i think it was in Key. Think. Just. I preffered doing Robot Boy, that song is so much fun to sing, man. Is having a tribute band not freaking you out at all Josh? I'm just hoping you never get to see it. Really.

Broken Star
Dum Dum

Next

Return to News and Announcements