The Deciphers to play London (UPDATED 23.08.05)

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

Postby James » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:39 am

chloe55 wrote:james is the 14th confirmed yet? where's it going to be if it is?

No, don't think it's going to happen, if it does it will be Water Rats. Should know soon.
I'm not Jesus, but I've got the same initials.
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby chloe55 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:17 pm

nooo why not? :( make it happen!
chloe55
Dum Dum

Postby James » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:31 pm

chloe55 wrote:nooo why not? :( make it happen!

Dunno, might not be a slot....but the 29th ain't far away! :)
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby laura2 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:03 pm

so is it remontely likely tickets will be left on the door for the marquee- only me and my friends are goin to london tues and wed to shop around and all that, but i wouldn't like to book tickets cos by 9.30 wednesday they might not be up for going to see a band like, but if they are, then it would be good if we could just...turn up and buy a ticket rather then pre-booking them cos my friends will proabably be like ' nah we wanna go home now you bastard'...

james - u know everything ever; do you now if many tickets are left?
i wanna gooo, i can't make any of the other dates. workin full time, so depressing :(
laura2
Dum Dum

Postby Space Cowgirl » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:30 pm

*bangs head against wall* my friend has now decided that she can't/won't come, so i'm to what definitely resembles square one and i don't know what to do. :(

piss, shit, bollocks, fuck, smegging, bloody arse! :evil:

is there anyone out there who'd be kind enough to meet me at victoria? the tube scares me and i don't have the slightest idea where in Leicester Square the Marquee is.
Space Cowgirl
Dum Dum

Postby laura2 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:18 pm

if my friends will let me go, you can meet us if you like. thing is, i dunno if they're goin to be up for stayin in london for the evening, but they probably will, so if we do end up stayin for it, i know where the marquee is and what not, so you can tag along if you want to no worries
laura2
Dum Dum

Postby James » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:23 pm

Laura - I think you should be ok just to turn up, but obviously I can't promise if you don't buy in advance!
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby Beth » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:55 pm

oooooh i might be able to make the walsall and wolvo gigs, depends on work and stuff though. i might have a car by then so it should be easy to get to and back from!
Beth
Dum Dum

Postby James » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:01 pm

Beth wrote:oooooh i might be able to make the walsall and wolvo gigs, depends on work and stuff though. i might have a car by then so it should be easy to get to and back from!

There's a Loughborough Uni show and possibly a Nottingham show in the works I think...

London tomorrow though - it's gonna rock!
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby Anna » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:04 pm

James, tell yo cousin to get back to me please!
Gimme your Pile and gimme your tail.

I live in New York, and I was thinking about the lagoon in Central Park, down near Central Park South. I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go. I was wondering where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over. I wondered if some guy came in a truck and took them away to a zoo or something. Or if they just flew away.
Anna
Dum Dum

Postby James » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:11 pm

Anna wrote:James, tell yo cousin to get back to me please!

About what? He's the bussiest man on the planet at the moment and hasn't been in the same region for the last 4 days!
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby Beth » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:17 pm

James wrote:
Beth wrote:oooooh i might be able to make the walsall and wolvo gigs, depends on work and stuff though. i might have a car by then so it should be easy to get to and back from!

There's a Loughborough Uni show and possibly a Nottingham show in the works I think...

:D
Beth
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:18 pm

James wrote:
Anna wrote:James, tell yo cousin to get back to me please!

About what? He's the bussiest man on the planet at the moment and hasn't been in the same region for the last 4 days!

He'll know! Though I forgot about festivals and that - I guess everything will calm down a bit after tomorrow's gig? Will give him a call when I'm back from la France...
Gimme your Pile and gimme your tail.

I live in New York, and I was thinking about the lagoon in Central Park, down near Central Park South. I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go. I was wondering where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over. I wondered if some guy came in a truck and took them away to a zoo or something. Or if they just flew away.
Anna
Dum Dum

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:13 pm

Space Cowgirl wrote:I'm really quite worried now. I have to go to this but i can't actually find anyone who'll go with me and i very much doubt i'd be allowed to travel to london on my lonesome. :(

Dude, don't you live near like, Kingston or something? ANd you have a full-time job? Can't you just get on the train? When I was your age I'd been self-sufficient for 2 years and lived hundreds of miles from my parents! Stand up for yourself!
Joe
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:47 pm

are you comin gig joe? if you are bring baboon photos yeh? yeh. xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby Broken Star » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:42 pm

Ive just seen whose supporting for the Walsall show. Im SO there.
...I know I Believe in Nothing but it is MY Nothing...

http://www.marcburrows.co.uk
My original Dum Dums interview, March 2000
Broken Star
Dum Dum

Postby Space Cowgirl » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:19 pm

Joe wrote:Dude, don't you live near like, Kingston or something? ANd you have a full-time job? Can't you just get on the train? When I was your age I'd been self-sufficient for 2 years and lived hundreds of miles from my parents! Stand up for yourself!

the problem isn't my parents now. they were surprisingly fine with it, as long as i'm meeting people. i'm just scared that if i go and actually manage to find the venue (i have no clue where it is) that i'll go in and not be able to find anyone so i'll be stuck on my own the whole time. :( so it doesn't look like i'll be going. fuck. fuck. fuck. :(
Space Cowgirl
Dum Dum

Previous

Return to News and Announcements