The Deciphers to play London (UPDATED 23.08.05)

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

The Deciphers to play London (UPDATED 23.08.05)

Postby James » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:16 pm

UPDATED:

Confirmed Shows:

31.08.05 - The Marquee, London
29.09.05 - The Bull & Gate, London
22.10.05 - The Wharf Bar, Walsall
04.11.05 - The Little Civic, Wolverhampton

-----------------------
The Deciphers featuring former 'Dum Dums' Steve Clarke & Stuart Baxter Wilkinson play their first London show on August 31st at The Marquee in Leicester Square!

The guys are psyched to be playing together in London once again, back in their old stomping ground - and it would be great to see some of the familiar faces who used to attend Dum Dums shows, and later Clarkesville shows!

You can purchase tickets for the sum of Six English Pounds here and find more info here!

We are hoping to confirm two more London show on Sep 14th and 29th - details and venues TBC very soon!

In an ironic twist of fate, one of the bands on the bill at The Marquee is 'Exile Inside' - the latest project of Jake Shillingford, the former frontman of My Life Story who the Dum Dums supported very early on in their career!

I hope some of you guys can make it - it's going to rock! :D
Last edited by James on Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not Jesus, but I've got the same initials.
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby chloe55 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:18 pm

: (
chloe55
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:30 pm

oh piss off with your clashing-with-pixies-ness. :p
Gimme your Pile and gimme your tail.

I live in New York, and I was thinking about the lagoon in Central Park, down near Central Park South. I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go. I was wondering where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over. I wondered if some guy came in a truck and took them away to a zoo or something. Or if they just flew away.
Anna
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:43 pm

SCREAMS!!!!

about fucking time!! xx

however, i will get lost in the marquee, & then die. can we go on the balcony & steal the beads, james?
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby James » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:45 pm

liddleruth wrote:however, i will get lost in the marquee, & then die. can we go on the balcony & steal the beads, james?

Yes. Bring at least 5 mates and I'll do anything, within reason!
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby chloe55 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:46 pm

i'll tell anthony to go, if they want his sad face staring up at them / staring into his drink..
chloe55
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:48 pm

would anyone be kind enoug ht o copy the billing info from the plum promostions site & post it? that thing plays buggery shite with my computer :( xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:57 pm

cherb will deffo come, so we'll prolly get mris & lauren as well, hopefulyl siobhan, natasha & tom?! chris, wince, bex, steph, DAVID will so come, sobia, EVERYONE.

haaaaaaaa

is there an age restriction on the marquee, is terrence gonna come down for it?

allllllll the questions :roll: xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby laura2 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:58 pm

will the deciphers be playin bham/ wolvs again any time soon? cos i wanted to get ceridwen to see them before she goes to barbados cos then she goes to uni and we'll never see her again :( well we will, but you know..for old time's sake an all that!
laura2
Dum Dum

Re: The Deciphers to play London (at last)!!

Postby liddleruth » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:10 pm

problem: miss black america are playing a free gig that night. competition. i think we may have lost tom siobhan chris & wince from the troops. ::cries::
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby Space Cowgirl » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:57 pm

liddleruth wrote:SCREAMS!!!!

about fucking time!! xx

seconded! :D at last, all my complaining has paid off! i just need to find people to go with me now. :D :D
Space Cowgirl
Dum Dum

Postby sparky22 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:39 pm

I'll be in Scotland by then I should think. They should play Glasgow, I might go then!
sparky22
Dum Dum

Postby sleepysheepy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:42 pm

Hum. I would like to go but I have to do something that day and I ahve a feeling I won't be in a very sociable mood in the evening. I hope the other dates get confirmed, I would be able to do the 14th. Awww. I've still not heard them properly despite having actually been at one of their gigs.

xx
sleepysheepy
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:30 pm

i might be able to go :) just need to sort out money situation/getting down to london. but i'll be in the country then, so that's a plus!
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby maz » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:38 pm

behooved girl wrote:i might be able to go :) just need to sort out money situation/getting down to london. but i'll be in the country then, so that's a plus!

yay! i wanna go too, we can go down on the train together :) and stay in a hostel or something cheap. i was just thinking earlier tonight i've not done anything fun or exciting yet this summer :)
maz
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:41 pm

surely they'll be places at houses to stay at for anyone travelling? i dont mind having a couple of people though it might be a little squashed, i imagine my room will be sorted by then :p

unless you want to stay pretty central but yarrrr xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:39 am

maz wrote:
behooved girl wrote:i might be able to go :) just need to sort out money situation/getting down to london. but i'll be in the country then, so that's a plus!

yay! i wanna go too, we can go down on the train together :) and stay in a hostel or something cheap. i was just thinking earlier tonight i've not done anything fun or exciting yet this summer :)

haha you wont ever get me into any hostels after what happened with my cousin! i'll probably just get the train back the same night. but we should travel down there together :D i'm not sure if i can even afford the train there since it looks like my railcard will be expired by then, but we'll see!
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby **Holly** » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:31 am

wa-hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. about sodding time. oh i'm so happyyyyyyyyyyy :grin: xxxxxx
<3 SAM <3

**Holly**
Dum Dum

Postby Alisha » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:18 pm

I'll probably be there. But you know, I don't like to commit to anything until the last minute.

love alice
"Be the Change You Want to See in the World"

Check out my blog www.dance-like.blogspot.com
Alisha
Dum Dum

Postby Sal » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:26 pm

if I didn't have work, I'd probably go. but I have work.

sal - keeping her tally of ex-dumdum gigs to a strict one ever.
Sal
Dum Dum

Postby louise dumdedum » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:52 pm

ruth, i dunno, there's probably a good reason why the miss black america gig is free... something went really wrong there. how gutting : ( i loved them loads before seymour went mad.

i would like to see them {the deciphers} but i fear it would send me on one of those awful five day nostalgia sickness trips again... or something.
louise dumdedum
Dum Dum

Postby chloe55 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:01 pm

lou, i know it might be different cos i've seen them before, but it really doesn't induce that because they're just so wonderful and it's so great to see how awesome they are that you don't think about dds at all because you're too busy appreciating them as altogether with greg and mike and just being good :) if that makes any sense xx

gutted i'm missing the first london one :(
chloe55
Dum Dum

Postby James » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:28 pm

louise dumdedum wrote:i would like to see them {the deciphers} but i fear it would send me on one of those awful five day nostalgia sickness trips again... or something.

You can't not come because of that! That's not the way to support what people in a band you loved are doing now! Besides, this band rocks and you'd be stupid not to come and see a great band play!

If everyone thought like that the Foo Fighters would have never got off the ground!
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby louise dumdedum » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:41 pm

eep, scary james.

haha, maybe i'll think about it. but when i went to the cephas reunion thing it was just... horrible. it's that whole thing of seeing someone in town you used to know and not knowing whether to ignore them/say hi/wave/stop to chat etc etc magnified by aobut a gazillion and then... argh, just no.
louise dumdedum
Dum Dum

Postby sleepysheepy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:44 pm

louise dumdedum wrote: but when i went to the cephas reunion thing it was just... horrible. it's that whole thing of seeing someone in town you used to know and not knowing whether to ignore them/say hi/wave/stop to chat etc etc magnified by aobut a gazillion and then... argh, just no.

Yeah but like....that was a reunion. This is a whole new thing.
Are Cephas maybe gonna come back? I heard they might. I could be wrong. That would be so good.
sleepysheepy
Dum Dum

Postby louise dumdedum » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:50 pm

heh, no, not coming back as far as they're concerned at the mo. andy's going to canada next year and ray's a family man now. john just got married too!

but john was meant to be forming a new band with a weird name with andy, chris (who used to be the dancing monk) and some friends. but andy is moving to canada? the idea was to have this band playing in the same place every week making it like some kind of youth church thing... but not. even though andy is going to canada they still seem convinced it's going to work even though they don't seem to be doing anything about it and they've been talking about this for 18 months now. by the time they get their act together adam will probably be out of uni and possibly available to do guitar or something, who knows.

sorry, pretty long winded, but that's what i know. heh. x
louise dumdedum
Dum Dum

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:44 pm

chloe55 wrote:i'll tell anthony to go

who's anthony? who's anthony? who's anthony?
=+=+ dos locos +=+=
Matt
Dum Dum

Location: Somewhere on a plane between San Francisco and Boston.

Postby maz » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:15 pm

behooved girl wrote:
maz wrote:

haha you wont ever get me into any hostels after what happened with my cousin! i'll probably just get the train back the same night. but we should travel down there together :D i'm not sure if i can even afford the train there since it looks like my railcard will be expired by then, but we'll see!

i dunno if you can get the train back here late? i may be wrong but we'd probably ahve to leave early to get to liverpool st to gte norwich train, as norwich station is a shitter and closes about midnight or something :? hmmmm, we'll see. i did ask for those days off work today though so there'll be nowt to stop me.
maz
Dum Dum

Postby laura2 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:00 pm

louise dumdedum wrote:ruth, i dunno, there's probably a good reason why the miss black america gig is free... something went really wrong there. how gutting : ( i loved them loads before seymour went mad.

i would like to see them {the deciphers} but i fear it would send me on one of those awful five day nostalgia sickness trips again... or something.

lol louise...you will be fine, jsut don't get drunk....i made the mistake of doing that and when i get drunk i get VERY sentimental...so you can imagine the consequence of alcohol + steve and stuart!

i know what you mean though, cos its not like jsut watchin a band but a whole era; like being in year 9/10 and having german homework to do and sitting with your school friends chatting about a load of crap and getting lifts off your dad to scotland and buying melody maker cos dumdums were on the front cover!!!!...

...nah the deciphers are great, but it does make you feel 15 again watchin them live and i did get very nostalgic..but go anyway, im sure youll love them, they are excellent.
laura2
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:00 pm

chloe, if you haven't spoken to anthony yet, or indeed you will speak to him again, tell him to make jo come.
i'll ask her to come on mondeh @ hh ! xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Next

Return to News and Announcements