blasts on LONDON tubes & bus

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

Postby dictaphoney » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:50 am

In_Love_With_An_Alien wrote:everyone knocks labour and tony blair, but i dread to think what would happen if the tories were in power.

????
why?
why do you think they'd have done anything different from what was done today under labour?

The Conservatives steered Britain through some of the worst of the IRA terrorism successfully. They instigated the "Ring of Steel" in the City and dealt with a lot of attacks that happened.

Please don't go and bring politics into this - it's a cheap (and unfounded) shot.
dictaphoney
Dummy

Postby Anna » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:59 am

politics is all about cheap shots!
Gimme your Pile and gimme your tail.

I live in New York, and I was thinking about the lagoon in Central Park, down near Central Park South. I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go. I was wondering where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over. I wondered if some guy came in a truck and took them away to a zoo or something. Or if they just flew away.
Anna
Dum Dum

Postby Lucy-j » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:43 am

*sigh* I'm glad everyones ok. It's really strange being somewhere so far away when something like this happens...it's so scary, but i feel so proud of all our emergency services now.
And what happened in birmingham was so close to home for me :( luckily that was all sorted out and nothing happened in that sense but my sister was there, right in the centre and it scares me to think of what could have happened...:(

anyway...like i said, i'm glad you're all safe.
love xxx
Lucy-j
Dum Dum

Postby 1 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:52 pm

I hope everyone is ok.
Dummy

Postby Beth » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:16 am

it was all we could talk about at work on thursday last week. i had a major panic at first, my manager told me that there had been bombs on the tube in london at around 8.45 and i burst into tears cos that's the time my mum goes to work. i had to run upstairs and ring her and thankfully she was fine. she'd decided to take that day as holiday a couple of weeks before, thank god. i was in shock the rest of the day, i got so distracted. plus our card machines and phones stopped working, as our network goes through london and the system was down. i got home on thursday and cried my eyes out when i was watching the news. my mum and dad told me not to come home at the weekend for race for life, which really upset me too, cos i was looking forward to that. but instead i did it on the treadmill at the gym.

it just makes me so angry that people have done this. apparently one of the bombers is only 19 years old. how on earth people can do this in the name of religion sickens me to my stomach. it just makes me mad, innocent people have been killed, in my fucking home city. how dare they do that? how fucking dare they? what have these people done to them?

and people can blame the iraq war all the want, but that gives NO ONE the right to go and blow people up on the tube or on a bus.

as you can see i feel really strongly about this.
Beth
Dum Dum

Postby **Holly** » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:48 pm

hope you're ok now beth xxxxxxxxxxx
<3 SAM <3

**Holly**
Dum Dum

Forums

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:42 pm

Posting in forums can take over your life! Get out while you still can! :lol: J/K... I agree with that.:lol::lol:

Postby erica » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:39 pm

i hate newbies. :lol:
erica
Dumbass

Previous

Return to News and Announcements