blasts on LONDON tubes & bus

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

Postby **Holly** » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:50 pm

i got worried about my sister but she's off work today *phew* my boy's best mate works near Aldgate and isn't allowed out of the building :( xx
<3 SAM <3

**Holly**
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:51 pm

Ali wrote: it's only 7 miles so not that bad.

....you mentalist! xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby Ali » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:02 pm

liddleruth wrote:
Ali wrote: it's only 7 miles so not that bad.

....you mentalist! xx

well no....compared to what it coulda been! I was actually really shocked that I live only 7 miles from the center, I always thought it was more than that.

My parents are sposed to be flying to Croatia on Monday, but I dont know how they're gonna get to Heathrow! They better bloody go away, I want the house to myself!
Ali
Dum Dum

Postby Phoenix Ferret » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:22 pm

glad everyone is ok. all my family and friends are accounted for now thankfully.
PF
too cool to dance records
.01 - narwhal - s/t 7" SOLD OUT!
.02 - jupiter lander - s/t 7"OUT NOW!
.03 - pete the pirate squid - lp OUT NOW!
.04 - what price, wonderland? - thirty with a wink lp OUT NOW!
.05 - damezumari - 7" OUT NOW!
.06 - what price, wonderland? - is it shakey? OUT NOW!
.07 what price, wonderland? / twisted - split 7" OUT NOW!
Phoenix Ferret
Lord Of Emo

Postby sleepysheepy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:23 pm

:(

We were planning on going to London today...which would have meant going to Liverpool street. But we didn't. Glad all you Londonites are ok. I really hope no one I know was hurt...it's unlikely but loads of people from round here are commuters, including most of the people in my dad's church.

xx
sleepysheepy
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:26 pm

sleepysheepy wrote::(

We were planning on going to London today...which would have meant going to Liverpool street. But we didn't. Glad all you Londonites are ok. I really hope no one I know was hurt...it's unlikely but loads of people from round here are commuters, including most of the people in my dad's church.

xx

i wondered if you'd have been goign to the city today, super you're okej.

know someone who was on a tube near kings cross at the time & his train got turned round. close call :/ xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby Alisha » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:32 pm

In all this it still hasn't put off my desire to move to London. If anything it's increased it.

I keep getting e-mails from my ex who is incredibly bored in his office with no way of getting home.

I have a friend who works in Great Ormond Street who says the media isn't showing how bad it is. All hospitals are packed and 'walking wounded' are being treated at hotels.

love Alice
"Be the Change You Want to See in the World"

Check out my blog www.dance-like.blogspot.com
Alisha
Dum Dum

Postby Phoenix Ferret » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:43 pm

Alisha wrote:I have a friend who works in Great Ormond Street who says the media isn't showing how bad it is. All hospitals are packed and 'walking wounded' are being treated at hotels.

love Alice

thats what all the news programmes have been saying though alice. amulances are only taking life threatening cases. they had pictures of a guy coming out the back of an ambulance with his chest being pumped earlier :(
PF
too cool to dance records
.01 - narwhal - s/t 7" SOLD OUT!
.02 - jupiter lander - s/t 7"OUT NOW!
.03 - pete the pirate squid - lp OUT NOW!
.04 - what price, wonderland? - thirty with a wink lp OUT NOW!
.05 - damezumari - 7" OUT NOW!
.06 - what price, wonderland? - is it shakey? OUT NOW!
.07 what price, wonderland? / twisted - split 7" OUT NOW!
Phoenix Ferret
Lord Of Emo

Postby Barney » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:54 pm

On the TV they just said the from reuters they have just said the death toll is 40 dead so far but London met not willing to confirm this yet, but the TV said that it was a reliable source so its probably true
Barney
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:57 pm

they're also saying what looked like several explosions was actually 4.

xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby In_Love_With_An_Alien » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:09 pm

how can 4 explosions cause problems in like 6 different sites?

apparantly they found another bomb too, but managed to do a controlled explosion.

this is all just fucking mental.

the most distressing scene for me is the picture of the bus, it's just been ripped apart.
In_Love_With_An_Alien
Dum Dum

Postby Sal » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:33 pm

holly, be careful if you're going to bluewater. I've heard stuff about it being evacuated and stuff as it's a really high risk target. just be safe. x
Sal
Dum Dum

Postby liddleruth » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:43 pm

just got a message from nala so im presuming he's also alright xx
liddleruth
Dum Dum

Postby Ali » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:48 pm

In_Love_With_An_Alien wrote:how can 4 explosions cause problems in like 6 different sites?.

Blasts occurred:
Between Aldgate East and Liverpool Street tube stations
Between Russell Square and King's Cross tube stations
At Edgware Road tube station
On bus at Tavistock Square

That was according to BBC news.

So there were 6 sites in total, as there were some in between tube station, but 4 actual blasts.
Ali
Dum Dum

Postby Rach » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:34 pm

as i said in another topic, it's horrible. just glad everyone from here is ok.
Rach
Dum Dum

Postby Roo » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:57 pm

[Content removed]
Last edited by Roo on Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roo
Dum Dum

Postby Anna » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:59 pm

now that my shock has worn off to some extent, i am really fucking angry that these people, whoever they are, have done this to my city and my people. yes we don't look at each other on the tube, yes we stare at the floor and cough embarrassedly if anyone says anything to people in a public place, but goddammit we make this city and.asddgfaaseokgjsaslbdk ghj. don't TOUCH IT you horriblehorrible people :(
Gimme your Pile and gimme your tail.

I live in New York, and I was thinking about the lagoon in Central Park, down near Central Park South. I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go. I was wondering where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over. I wondered if some guy came in a truck and took them away to a zoo or something. Or if they just flew away.
Anna
Dum Dum

Postby Roo » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:04 pm

[Content removed]
Last edited by Roo on Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roo
Dum Dum

Postby In_Love_With_An_Alien » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:47 pm

everyone knocks labour and tony blair, but i dread to think what would happen if the tories were in power.
In_Love_With_An_Alien
Dum Dum

Postby Barney » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:55 pm

there was a guy on the radio saying his sister was pregnant and lost the baby due to her injuries, he was dead upset for her. He said that these are the deaths that won't be counted. It is so sad

They still haven't confirmed how many people died on the bus but there can't be many survivors there's hardly anything left of it

I have just come back from a community peoples forum where there were loads of support groups and stuff that were meeting and this guy got up from the muslim group and announced that they were totally against this act of terrorism.
Barney
Dum Dum

Postby supermoose » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:30 pm

its awful.

thankfully i think all my london friends are ok, as are their loved ones. my phone bill is gonna be so high cos i just didnt realise how many london mates i had until i had to check they were safe.

whoever did this is truel disgusting. i hope they find them, rip their genitals off and force them to eat them. and then more and worse.

its so shit as well because London has been in the news all week for such good things - live 8 and the olympics; stuff which makes you so proud, and then some wanker shits all over our party.

prayers for victims and their loved ones.

love Jen xxx
Got a problem....The Moose will fix it!

(same old me, same old sig!)
supermoose
Dum Dum

Postby Kate » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:45 pm

my brother just got home but my mum is stranded someplace in central london.
not like we can even go get her, seeing as they aren't letting any vehicles in apart from the emergency ones.
think she might have to whip her heels off and walk it.

we were following the news at work today on the sky website. everyone was quiet.

we knew it was coming, but we didn't actually expect it to happen.

i'm just concerned this isn't it. like, that there might be more to come. :shock:

all those poor people. :(
yo ho ho.
Kate
Dum Dum

Postby supermoose » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:58 pm

i reckon this is it, for a while at least.

i was in london on september 11th and everyone was panicing that something might happen again straight away; and after the madrid bombing. but i think these terrorists obviously prefer surprise and unpredicted attacks. clearly if we're waiting for it, its just no fun for them. toss pots.

altho i've been saying for years how ridiculously easy it would be to take a bomb on the underground. no one checks you, its so busy and no one talks to anyone so who would notice? sadly, i have been proved right today.

love Jen xxx
Got a problem....The Moose will fix it!

(same old me, same old sig!)
supermoose
Dum Dum

Postby Mark Everclear » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:01 pm

Alisha wrote: I have upmost respect for Blair right now.

just out of interest.. why?

if anything, it's his fault. supposedly. and by that i mean the speculation that this has been done because of the troops in iraq. not just his fault because he's a prick ;)

anybody could have given such a cliche-ridden speech like he did. "terrorists terrorise us." well, no shit, tony!

on a lighter note.. glad everyone is ok. it could have been much much worse.
Mark Everclear
Dum Dum

Postby **Holly** » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:27 pm

aww thanks Sal, i haven't got work until next Wednesday so hopefully things will be settled by then. it's been evacuated before, i've been told the stories and they aren't nice. xx
<3 SAM <3

**Holly**
Dum Dum

Postby saaboo » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:37 pm

Fucking revenge?!?!?!?

How is that fucking revenge in any possible sense??? They weren't attacking the military that took part in the war on Iraq. They weren't blowing up anyone who ordered the military to go to war with Iraq. They were murdering innocent people in London, lots of them simply on their way to work. Two wrongs don't make a right and the fact that a very large amount of people in this country DIDN'T WANT THE WAR TO HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE means that they don't even have a shred of an excuse for what they've done - they weren't getting fucking revenge. They were outright murdering people for no reason.

If they wanted to get revenge, there are two people in Scotland that are more responsible than the 700-odd they've injured and killed in London.
saaboo
Dum Dum

Postby Alisha » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:40 pm

Mark Everclear wrote:
Alisha wrote: I have upmost respect for Blair right now.

just out of interest.. why?

I don't know. I think the fact that he hasn't paniced, he hasn't condemed anyone immediately, he's made a point of saying 'it's not all muslims', he's left one of the most important meetings to go and make sure his people are alright, he's going around to different places like Scotland Yard and MI5 and places. He's not holed up in a plane miles above the city.

Also he looks completely devastated, he's white as a sheet and sounds like he's about to cry.

love Alice
"Be the Change You Want to See in the World"

Check out my blog www.dance-like.blogspot.com
Alisha
Dum Dum

Postby **Holly** » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:19 pm

from what i saw of his speech, i think the man did good. to be fair, *whatever* he says- there's gonna be people who disagree, and whatever he does- there's gonna be people who disagree. so he has to go with his gut feeling. xx
<3 SAM <3

**Holly**
Dum Dum

Postby Ali » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:05 pm

Beth asked me to say that she's in Nottingham and so she's fine. Just got no access to the internet :)
Ali
Dum Dum

Postby chloe55 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:15 am

kinda what holly said.

it's all over the news here too

ugh :( londonnnn
chloe55
Dum Dum

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements