DDs.com Webstats...

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

DDs.com Webstats...

Postby James » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:08 pm

For those whoa re interested/bored, just thought you might like to see the breakdown of some of the website stats from the last month...

I'm not Jesus, but I've got the same initials.
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby Sal » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:12 pm

I'm going to boot up in linux so much more now and see if I can make a difference.

hooray for the markeverclear.com reference though :grin:
Sal
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:10 pm

14% pride baby!! 8)

the markeverclear.com reference is class.

too many people are still using IE.
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby sparky22 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:15 pm

behooved girl wrote:too many people are still using IE.

Yeah, you all need to go to http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
sparky22
Dum Dum

Postby Space Cowgirl » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:42 pm

i don't get all this anti-IE snobbery if someone wants to explain it to me. i've never had any problems with it and it does what it's supposed to. why would i wanna download anything else?
Space Cowgirl
Dum Dum

Postby sleepysheepy » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:48 pm

sparky22 wrote:Yeah, you all need to go to http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Done. :mrgreen:

What is better about this though? Is it just that it stops pop-ups and stuff?
sleepysheepy
Dum Dum

Postby behooved girl » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:58 pm

Space Cowgirl wrote:i don't get all this anti-IE snobbery if someone wants to explain it to me. i've never had any problems with it and it does what it's supposed to. why would i wanna download anything else?

yeh i'll explain it. IE has popups galore, is very vulnerable to spyware/viruses and browser hijacking (and due to its integrated status in windows, possible OS hijacking), doesn't have tabbed browsing, and likes to support proprietary non-w3c compliant code. it's very insecure, and just lacking in the features department compared to other browsers now available.

it's not snobbery, it just makes sense.
Top Weekly Artists:
behooved girl
Dum Dum

Postby Space Cowgirl » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:10 pm

right. cheers cher. it all makes sense now. since getting Norton Internet Security, i never get any pop-ups and haven't had any problems with spy-ware and the like, but before we did have quite a few problems with it, though i never associated them with using IE before. though you lost me at "proprietary non-w3c compliant code" as i have no clue what that means :p
Space Cowgirl
Dum Dum

Postby Sal » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:17 pm

Space Cowgirl wrote:"proprietary non-w3c compliant code" as i have no clue what that means :p

you know those lovely pink and purple and yellow websites designed by 12 year olds to show off pictures off their rabbits? yeah? you know the wonderful scrolling flashing text that they use to liven up the page and make it look KOOL? ...yeah. one example ;)

sadly with further investigation it seems that firefox supports the wonderful marquee tag.

but yeah, tabs. once you use them, you'll never go back. I can't stand msn messenger on this pc, mainly because it doesn't have my wonderful adium tabs.
Sal
Dum Dum

Postby Kate » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:28 pm

beautiful.
yo ho ho.
Kate
Dum Dum

Postby vid » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:09 am

internet exploder bugs the hell out of me now. mainly coz of the whole pop-up thing.
i've never used any anti-virus thing or anything on my laptop and it's been all good, but my desktop suffers sooo much, which is weird, even though both are literaly running the same thing.weird!
vid
Dum Dum

Postby chloe55 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:37 pm

plus, from a purely shallow point of view, you realise that internet explorer is just so UGLY when you use safari or firefox. i've got firefox but still using safari at the moment out of pure laziness because i can't be bothered to set up all my bookmarks and things in ff yet.
chloe55
Dum Dum

Postby Space Cowgirl » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:49 pm

chloe55 wrote:plus, from a purely shallow point of view, you realise that internet explorer is just so UGLY when you use safari or firefox. i've got firefox but still using safari at the moment out of pure laziness because i can't be bothered to set up all my bookmarks and things in ff yet.

but mine's not ugly. mine's pink! :p
Space Cowgirl
Dum Dum

Postby Matt » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:03 pm

Firefox is definately where it's at.

Safari has some fairly major weaknesses that I won't go into here for fear of being lynched by Cher ;)

But yeah - James, do you have the stats for the board? I think there will be less IE usage on the board.
=+=+ dos locos +=+=
Matt
Dum Dum

Location: Somewhere on a plane between San Francisco and Boston.

Postby chloe55 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:34 pm

Space Cowgirl wrote:
chloe55 wrote:plus, from a purely shallow point of view, you realise that internet explorer is just so UGLY when you use safari or firefox. i've got firefox but still using safari at the moment out of pure laziness because i can't be bothered to set up all my bookmarks and things in ff yet.

but mine's not ugly. mine's pink! :p

very nice :p but it's still so ugly compared to the other two. it's all square and crap and errgh.
chloe55
Dum Dum

Postby kim_who_lvz_stu » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:13 pm

i've downlloaded firefox. its making me feel kind of ill and claustrophobic, but i'll try and get used to it.
kim_who_lvz_stu
Dum Dum

Return to News and Announcements