iTunes Europe available!

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

Postby Broken Star » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:33 pm

Phoenix Ferret wrote:marc, how come you had so many cds stolen? i'd cry if someone stole my cds/vinyl. i really, REALLY need to catalogue it all and get it seperately insured cos its probably worth about £10,000 or so.
PF

np. on the might of princes - at half mast

Okay, loooooong story. About a year ago I was on tour with The Pittstops, the tour was due to end in London with the show supporting Young Heart Attack at the Dirty Water Club (as Rach, Beth, Ruth, Lucy-Anne, Emily, Ali and some other dedicated peeps will remember), the next day I was due to fly to Denmark to DJ at the Roskilde Rock Festival. As a result, and without being able to go home, I'd taken all of my best DJing CD's (about 30 albums) with me in a bag on tour. A few days before the London show we played Fibbers in York, some theiving pikey bastard broke into our van -parked outside the venue and locked during the soundcheck, saw my bag full of CD's and half inched the fucker. Also had my passport and my CD player in it, as a result I never went to Denmark. My mate Pat went without me and won an award for it, but thats another story.

Fast forward to Christmas 2003 and I've started DJing regularly at the Students Union. At the last FND (Friday Night Disco for those in the know) of term me and my DJing partner Jason got utterly smashed, and I rather foolishly left my CD bags containing some 100 albums and singles in Bocca bar where we were DJing. When crew came to pack everything up the CD's were found and put in the Ents office, which is always locked but widely used. Unfortunatly no-one knows where they went after that. We looked everywhere in case they'd been 'tidied' but eventually came to the conclusion some fucking tea-leaf had walked out with them, probably a member of staff. Luckily by this point I'd learned my lesson and back up everything onto my powerbook, and then backed up THAT onto Data CD's. A hard lesson though.
...I know I Believe in Nothing but it is MY Nothing...

http://www.marcburrows.co.uk
My original Dum Dums interview, March 2000
Broken Star
Dum Dum

Postby Broken Star » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:31 am

WOW! LOOK AT THE PAST!
...I know I Believe in Nothing but it is MY Nothing...

http://www.marcburrows.co.uk
My original Dum Dums interview, March 2000
Broken Star
Dum Dum

Previous

Return to News and Announcements