Letter from Josh

All news and announcements (both DDs related and not) will be posted in this forum. Old announcements will also be archived here.

Moderators: Mark Everclear, TEXAS, Phoenix Ferret, Sal

Letter from Josh

Postby James » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:40 pm

Hey whats up one and all,

This is Josh Doyle, once of the punk pop much imitated not improved upon "dumdums", beaming in from Nashville, Tennessee in the United States.

Jenny and I moved here in January 2003 and have bought a house, settled down and - big news - are expecting our first child here in October...yes I am going to be a Dad...I must not teach the child weird stuff, oh yes that would be so wrong.

On the music front, I have been hard at work writing great (and lousy but I get rid of those) new songs for my new band, and am preparing to go into the studio with an established producer to make a demo. Its taken a while because I needed to raise my game from what I had written in the past to be tough enough to do well in the U.S, which is where I will be focussing my time. A number of record company big wigs are supposedly talking about my stuff, so that will all be interesting again....
Aside from this which is my main thing, I have been putting the feelers out as to writing for other people, and have been getting a great response in my meetings with industry folk, so that is another possibility to get the money rolling in for applesauce and nappies and whatnot.

I have also been asked to play guitar for touring bands - I could have played at a big awards show but I turned that down because I will have had to remember stuff and if I get too much information in my head I may forget important things like my name or where I live or how to speak. But I have done a little touring work from Florida to California which has kept the bucks coming in and gotten me to do a little tourist sightseeing.

So thats me - come onto the new dumdums site and get back on the message board, its starting to take off again since James (who rules o.k and is skill) has "done a changing rooms" on it. I will be sure to get down there and see how everybody is doing. Also be sure to check out Michael 'Clarkesville' Clarke's album, he is a talent and he deserves to be heard, I think details of how you can get it and stuff are on this email. I know its www.clarkesville.net so go check out our former substitute bassplayer, brother of our bassplayer, our once keyboard player (notice a dumdums link?) former support act, future headlining star, now while he's just starting out.

May the force be with y'all, Josh
I'm not Jesus, but I've got the same initials.
www.jamesdclarke.com
@jamesdclarke
James
Site Admin

Postby Jeni » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:59 am

:D :cry: :D :D
Jeni
Dum Dum

Postby Space Cowgirl » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:19 pm

awwwww, yayness for Daddy Joshman! xXx
Space Cowgirl
Dum Dum